Hiking & Summer Holidays in Obertauern
Discover the Beauty of Nature While Hiking, Biking and Much More
Hiking & Climbing the Mountains Around Obertauern
Step by step towards the summit, amidst the beautiful scenery of the Radstadt Mountain Range. Here you will find everything you need for a wonderful hiking holiday in the Salzburg Region: hikes and walks for all levels, funiculars to overcome the first altitude, huts to relax in, and an unbeatable panorama. Leave your car behind and begin your day directly from the 4-Star Hotel-Garni Binggl in Obertauern since you are actually already in the mountains!
- Enjoy over 100km of Hiking Trails in Obertauern & in the Region
- For all levels of fitness: hikes to the top, alpine walks, family excursions,…
- Our tip: hike to the Johannes Waterfall
- Stop by quaint alpine huts
- Funicular hiking with the 10-person Grünwaldkopf cable car & Hochalm 6-person lift (free transport of dogs & prams)
- “On Top”-Bus ticket: the hiker bus costs only € 1,- and it takes you between Mauterndorf & Ennspongau, available at the hotel
- Start hiking directly from the Hotel-Garni
Around the Mountains on Two Wheels
You can also explore the region of Obertauern while mountain biking and cycling – no matter if you are traveling with children or set to do more intense rides. As a reward for your effort to get to the top, you will find a stunning mountain view and rustic mountain huts with Austrian delicacies. For those who prefer to bike down the mountain – the Grünwaldkopf 10-person cablecar and the Hochalm 6-person chairlift is ideal and bike transport is free of charge.
- Well-developed mountain bike routes
- From demanding bike tours to casual bike rides with the family
- For the break in between: specialties and refreshments at mountain huts
- Guided mountain bike tours
- Up the mountain with the funicular: free transport of bikes at Grünwaldkopf 10-person cable car & at 6-person Hochalm lift
- Mountainskyver-Rentals at Grünwaldkopf cable car
Horse-Back Riding, Golf & Fishing in the Region
Horse lovers have to come to enjoy their hobby during their summer holidays in Obertauern. In Tweng, just a short drive away, you will find horse farms and information about the local Noriker horse breed. Come play some golf at our 9-hole putting green in Obertauern as well as at other golf courses in the immediate area. Enjoy nature while fishing and angling at designated locations. There is something for everyone during summer in Obertauern!
- Stables & riding courses in Tweng (10 minute drive away)
- Free guided tours of the Noriker stables & riding
- Radstadt Golf Course, Lungau Golf Course, Dachstein Tauern Golf Course in the area
- Golfing: 9-Hole Putting Green in Obertauern
- Fishing, for example, at Hundsfeldsee, Taurachbach,… – fishing licenses required
- We are happy to help you organize activities!
Curves & Passes for Motorcycle Enthusiasts
Countless curves, panoramic routes and scenic mountain passes – every rider’s dream. In Salzburg and neighboring provinces this will be your reality. Route 99 that begins in Bischofshofen and ends in Spittal, goes directly through Obertauern. You can also enjoy the Grossglockner High Alpine Road, the Nockalm Road and much more.
- Route 99 runs through Obertauern (from Bischofshofen to Spittal/Drau with curvy roads & two pass crossings)
- Großglockner Alpine Road
Recreation & Wildlife Park in Untertauern
Spend a summer day with your family at the Recreation and Wildlife Park in Untertauern. It is fascinating to see the outdoor wildlife enclosure. The darlings in the petting zoo loving meeting you and your kids. After spending time with the animals, enjoy the large playground and as well as the ball-sport courts. The lake is the perfect cool down on hot summer days.
- Wild- & Freizeitpark Untertauern is approximately 11 km away from the hotel
- Deer enclosure & petting zoo with a total of 40 wild animals
- Large playground
- Beach volleyball, football & tennis court
- Lake with lounging lawn
- Fishing for everyone & boats: Fürstenbrunn Pond